Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas (5 Stars)

I absolutely loved this book. I could not put it down and when it was finished, I wanted more.
Liberty Jones moves to a trailer park with her mother and her mothers boyfriend when she's 14. There she meets Hardy Cates and falls in love with him. But he is 17. He tries to keep distant from her because he wants out of Welcome Texas, and wants nothing to hold him back. Liberty would hold him back.
Hardy leaves a few years later and Liberty is left there with her mother and new baby sister Carrington. Her mother goes out one night with the boyfriend and dies leaving Liberty to be a mother and sister to Carrington. Liberty is strong and goes to school, beauty school and gets a great job at a Houston hair salon. Where she meets her "Sugar Daddy".
Or so it seems, you'll have to read it to find out what I mean. While she finally has her life on track Hardy comes back into her life, and she has to make a choice. Does she want him, or does she want her "sugar daddy." Great book, and I loved the choice she made. I would have done the same.
My Rating: 5 Stars
Location: Returned to Library

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also just read this book, I loved it. I couldn't also put it down. I loved the the little twists and turns, you think you know where its going, it surprised you.

I love the ending, it was very sweet, and the choice she made.

~ames~ said...

I loved this book too! So glad with the choice she made at the end.